Monday, September 23, 2013

Introduction

Hey everyone! As you may have seen in my About Me section, I am currently taking an Advanced GIS class and this blog is dedicated to showing you the super cool maps I have made in class. To start out, below are the links to the first maps I have made.

Angelina Jolie's Tattoo Coordinates
In this map, I plotted the coordinates that Angelina Jolie has tattooed on her arm of where her children are from.

Horse Jumping Shows
In this map you can see the locations of where I have shown within the past year or so as well as what horse I showed, what show it was, placement, class size, etc.

Geocoding Address Points
In this map, we were given 6 addresses to geocode on the map. In the pop-up, you can see what business it is, the address, and a link to the business itself.

Digitizing Buildings
For this map, I digitized 3 buildings on Westfield State University's campus.

Horseback Riding Track
This map is different from the other maps in that this was done using GPS mapping. Now I know it seems like just a silly brown line but its really cool because it accurately depicts the track that I walked on with my horse down to approximately 5-10 feet. There are more sophisticated GPS receivers that can get down to within an inch or so of your actual location but this is just showing you the power of GPS mapping.

Feel free to ask any questions about the maps and be sure to stay posted for more!

1 comment:

  1. This is great - thanks! Nice clean layout and good text to introduce the maps. Try some of the other sharing options: embedded map, web application, etc.

    ReplyDelete